The SON prepares nursing professionals to serve as leaders, clinicians and scholars through a wide range of innovative educational programs to meet the healthcare needs of an ever changing culturally diverse society.
Our vision is to be the premier School of choice for providing the highest quality of nursing education, scholarship and practice with a commitment to community engagement to promote healthy citizens in the Charlotte region and beyond.
The SON embraces the following five (5) core values: Integrity, Innovation, Collegiality, Diversity and Scholarship.
The Baccalaureate and Masters Degree programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) through 2021, and approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
The expected outcomes of graduates from the pre-licensure baccalaureate program are to:
- Provide compassionate, sensitive and competent care to diverse patients/clients;
- Use an ethical decision-making process in practice that incorporates respect for diverse values and beliefs;
- Apply a value based system incorporating professional and legal standards to guide interaction with patients/clients, colleagues, faculty, other health professionals and the public;
- Use strategies for health promotion, risk reduction and disease prevention across the lifespan;
- Assess and manage physical and psychosocial signs and symptoms related to disease and treatment, across the lifespan, to enhance quality of life;
- Develop, coordinate and manage care in conjuction with patients/clients and other disciplines