Information for Compliance with Health and Agency Mandates
Clinical agencies require students to comply with select health and training requirements for the priviledge of using the agency and for the safety of the public. The UNC Charlotte School of Nursing requires that ALL students maintain compliance with mandates from its healthcare partners and those specific to the School of Nursing. Any students that is found to be out of compliance will be removed from clinical and will receive an unsatisfactory grade for each day he or she is out of compliance which may lead to course failure and therefore, failure to progress in the program. Please note that clinical begins the first week of each semester and includes experiences which occur in healthcare organizations, the community OR in the School of Nursing's Learning Resource Center.
ALL students MUST complete a Criminal Background Check (CBC), a 12-panel drug screen, and a Clinical Agency Requirements Form.
The university accepts drug screens from the following vendors ONLY:
Presbyterian Urgent Care at Main (704-316-1050)
Novant/Presbyterian Medical Plaza Family Physicians (704-316-1800)
Students must complete the following (Upon conditional admission)
- Bloodborne Pathogen Tutorial and Test (Annually)
- Hepatitis B Delination Form (PDF) Submit to Sandra Mann in CHHS Advising Center (CHHS 103)
- Criminal Background Check Information
- CBC Agreement Form
- Drug Testing
- Clinical Agency Requirements Form
- Health History Form (See Sandra Mann)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (American Heart ONLY) Provide card to Sandra Mann
Requirements which recurr annually
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (American Heart ONLY)
- TB skin test
- Note that the UNCC School of Nursing requires a 2-step TB skin test. Please plan accordingly with the understanding that you will need to wait approximately 2-weeks between tests and that both steps are required to be considered compliant.
- Students who let their TB skin test expire will be required to complete the 2-step process for a second time. Students who ensure that their original TB skin test does not expire, may maintain compliance with a 1-step process.
- Bloodbore Pathogens training
- Flu vaccination
Clinical Site Orientation Packets
Clinical site orientation requirements will vary by organization. Students will be asked to complete orientation modules for a variety of organizations in anticipation of their use as a clinical site. Please follow any instructions provided here or by the Clinical Compliance Coordinator, to ensure proper documentation of compliance.Students should keep copies of their completed modules with them at all times. An organization representative OR accreditation official may ask a student or faculty member, at any time, to produce these copies. Moreover, these individuals may ask students or faculty members questions about policies and procedures to ensure adequate understanding. The organizations have the right to remove a student or faculty member from the facility for non-compliance.
1. Cabarrus Health Alliance
- Instructions for Carolnas Healthcare System
- Core Orientation Module for Students and Faculty
5. Carolinas Medical Center Northeast
- Corporate Compliance Module
- HIPPA Module
- Contract Staff, Students, and Volunteers Module
- Mecklenburg County Health Department Confidentiality Statement - General (for all students in schools and case management)
- Mecklenburg County Health Department Confidentiality Statement - Women's Health (for all students in the family planning/adult health/triage settings)
11. Novant Health (Forsyth, Presbyterian, Presbyterian Matthews, Rowan Regional and affiliated agencies)