Dr. Kenny has been a faculty member in the School of Nursing since 2012 starting as a GA in the nursing program. Her research focuses on strategies to improve student outcomes in clinical by integrating the use of mobile technology to increase self-efficacy, knowledge and student anxiety. As a graduate student she worked as a research assistant in a study looking at medication adherence using technology with patients diagnosed with CHF and has co-authored publications in nursing and health related journals based on that research. She is a member of local, regional, and national organizations. Dr. Kenny serves as Chair for the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee as well as a member of the Academic Integrity Board for the University. She is a member of Academic for Clinical Education and Scholarship (ACES), and in 2019 received a Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Grant for her research project as PI, “How Does the Use of a Mobile Application Impact Learning Among Clinical Nursing Students in Patient Care Settings”. In 2019 Dr. Kenny received the status of Honors Faculty and Graduate Faculty, and was accepted into the First Nurse Faculty Fellowship at UNC-Chapel Hill.
- DNP, Gardner-Webb University, 2018
- MS Nursing, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte (Area of specialization: Nursing Education), 2013
- RN-BSN, The University of North Carolina- Charlotte, 2009
- AD Nursing, Norwalk Community College, 1993
- Concepts of Professional Nursing
- Concepts of Nursing Practicum
- Creating and Sustaining Change in Nursing
- The Use of Mobile Technology to Improve Student Outcomes in Clinical
- The Use of Mobile Technology to Improve Patient Outcomes
Awards & Honors
- Nurse Faculty Fellow- UNC Chapel Hill (2019)
- Student Nominated 2018 Alpha Chi Omega Professor of the Year Award. (2018).
- Faculty Excellence Award in Clinical Teaching- UNCC (2015, 2018).
- MSN recipient of the Edith Brocker Nursing Excellence Award (2013)
- Great 100 MSN Scholarship Award- Faculty nominated (2012)
- 2018 - Present: UNCC Kids Fest Faculty co-coordinator for SON
- 2018 – Present: University Academic Integrity Board Member
- 2015 – Present: Co-Faculty Advisor Nurse Christian Fellowship
- 2018 - Present: Volunteer William Irvin Elementary School Concord, NC.